Friday, July 1, 2011

To Blog or Not To Blog

Dear Readers,

I recently started this blog in an attempt to practice writting. Its supposed to be a fun way for me to write every day. I've never been a journal type of girl (mostly because I'm paranoid. I don't want people looking at my journal years in the future, knowing about the guy I liked during the holocaust...or something.) It's hard doing this blog though because so often I'm typing and I want to use it as a Youtube video.

Today is one of those days.

Unfortunately, I'm so late for my own personal deadline, that I hate to restart. Again. So I'm going to let you guys have a preview of my script. It's not like anyone's reading anyway. ;)


Dear Youtube,

You remeber that time where you were at that place and you randomly stopped and were like "Cheese!" to an invisible person standing in front of you?

No?

Oh, that's because no one does that. My bad.
So if pictures are supposed to be capturing memories, why is it I don't ever remeber stopping somewhere and randomly saying "Cheese!"?
No. One. Does. That.
Don't get me wrong, I like pictures. They are great for triggering memories. But it's so much work to get them right! And you have to get them right, because before you can blink, you're tagged on facebook, staring at some horrible version of you, with squinty eyes and hair standing up in all directions while your friends look like goddesses next you.
Dang technology.

Pictures like that are painfully awkward. Everyone keeps telling you to smile, while the person takes a million years to press the dang button, and you are completely sure you must look like you're on crack because you can feel your mouth twitching from staying in the "Cheese!" position for so long, or because you are looking in the direction of one camera when there are ten taking pictures at the same time, so you probably look like you're staring off into space for the other nine pictures.

It's torture!

For me its particuraly annoying because I can always tell what pictures I was forced to take. Somethings is always wrong. My eye is twitching, my smile is fake. My eyes have that "Is it over?" look to them.

But in pictures where I was having fun a few seconds ago, or someone made me laugh before the picture was taken, I don't look like she-monster. In those pictures I can remember the joke that person made, or what we were doing before the flash of the camera.

Because laughing with my friends, hanging out, goofing off, these are true memories.

Saying "Cheese" is not.

Sincerely,
Elle

As soon as the video is up you can see all the ways I altered it. (Like you care lol)

Sincerely,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment